Overseas High School students intending to study at New Zealand High Schools would need a good level of English. Direct enrolment into New Zealand High School is possible but it is recommended that students improve their English and learn about New Zealand before attempting to study at the High Schools. By enrolling on Waikato Institute of Education’s High School Preparation programme, students can improve their English and learn about New Zealand school culture, study systems or methods, exams and further tertiary education available in New Zealand. After completing Waikato Institute of Education’s programme, students will be better prepared to study in Sacred Heart Girls' College
Free Service for Enrol Sacred Heart Girls' College
Students who enroll in our High School Preparation programme can enter Sacred Heart Girls' College. We Provide free service to help student enrol Sacred Heart Girls' College after they finish High School Preparation Course.
Sacred Heart Girls' College, established in 1884, offers young women an education with a special Catholic character. We are a caring Christian community with an emphasis on the spiritual, social and emotional development of young women as well as providing excellent academic, sporting and cultural opportunities.
The schools' motto is ˜Age Quod Agis - whatever you do, do well". Students are encouraged to achieve personal excellence in all areas of school life. The school has a roll of 850 and accepts a maximum of thirty international students from many different countries.
The College has a reputation for academic excellence and offers a comprehensive range of subjects. Extra English language tuition is provided for international students as part of the curriculum.
Sacred Heart Girls' College Offer:
- Caring Christian community-Catholic tradition
- Academic excellence-high expectations
- Experienced, highly qualified teachers
- Wide range of curriculum subjects
- Opportunities for leadership and service
- Sports involvement & coaching;highly recognised staff
- Full sized gymnasium - Modern technology rooms
- Specialised music tuition; Music Suite
- Dedicated Creative Arts Centre-Drama
- Very strong School Spirit - Hostel adjacent
- ESOL as part of the curriculum
- Co-operative learning style - Career education
- High decile community-attractive uniform
- University nearby - St John's College, brother school
- Close to all city services
NZ Secondary School Curriculum. Years 9-13 (ages 13-18yrs) preparing for university / tertiary study.
National Certificate of Education Achievement (NCEA) Levels One, Two & Three taught to Excellence standard.
Wide range of subjects taught including French, German,Technology, Drama, Economics, Accounting, Physical Education, Sciences, Photography etc
Address: PO Box 4064
Hamilton, New Zealand
Web address: http://www.shgcham.school.nz/